Don’t Blow that Job Interview
The career company, TopResume, presented over 300 employers and recruiters with 17 common interview mistakes and asked them to rate the seriousness of each mistake.
Below are the top 10 worst interview mistakes listed from highest to lowest.
- Appearing disinterested in the opportunity
- Being unprepared
- Arriving late (without a valid excuse)
- Showing poor hygiene and/or grooming
- Dressing inappropriately
- Displaying negative body language or low energy
- Asking inappropriate questions
- Badmouthing a current or former employer
- Coming across as arrogant or overconfident
If you want to win that job, avoid the above cringe-worthy interview mistakes at all costs.