Think you’re too astute to make career errors? Technical blunders, lack of thought, unhelpful mindsets – any one of these can derail your career prospects.
In Episode 25 of Career Chinwags for the 21st Century Catherine covers the following 6 mistakes that could be hindering your career.
- Never tell the whole truth in a job interview
- Never confuse ‘different’ with ‘better’
- Never give up hope that you can find a job you love
- NEVER think you owe a prospective employer anything more than politeness.
- NEVER think your job search is over when you accept a job offer.
- Never rely on feedback from your interviewer to decide how well you do at interviews.
She then offers practical advice on how to help you overcome/tackle each of these mistakes.
If you’d like to explore this topic in greater detail, here are some links: